Thursday, July 01, 2004

Letters from Mothers - Dec 25 2003 Chanuka Event

“Dear M.A.R.C.H.

Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement you have given me for the past few years. I appreciate it so much. In particular, I’d like to thank you for the beautiful Chanukah party you planned for us. When I didn’t really feel like going, I knew I had to get out of the house and go. I really pushed myself and I did not regret it for a minute.

When I entered the hall, I could not believe what I saw! It was decorated so beautifully, and with obvious effort and much planning and class, that I literally thought I was in the wrong place! I asked someone what was going on in there? I thought the party for single mothers must be in another part of the hall! It made me feel so special to know that you had planned such a beautiful party just for us!

I know it’s hard to imagine, but some of us have a hard time managing basic things that most people don’t think twice about. In the affluent society we live in, who would imagine that some of us have to think ten times before taking clothes to the cleaners or getting our shoes fixed. (If I’m able, I usually pay for them when I drop them off because I never know if I’ll have the money when it’s time to pick them up).

Due to my financial situation, you can’t imagine how thrilling it was for me to win not one but two things at the Chinese Auction! (I considered not taking one of the gifts because I felt it would be better if I let someone who hadn’t won anything get it. I was not strong enough to do it, though). Both items were things I really needed but could not afford to buy. When I brought home the prizes my children were so excited! I didn’t stop smiling for days after! It made us feel so lucky!

Thanks to you, I can no longer say that I never win anything!

I’m sure that it’s the efforts of people like you and all the volunteers and donators, that bring us closer to the coming of Moshiach. May G-D bless you all and give you the strength to continue the wonderful things you do!

You can’t imagine what an impact you have on people like me!

With Heartfelt Gratitude!”
— Deborah N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home