Thursday, July 01, 2004

Letters from Mothers - Checks, Self-reliant, and Couch

Dear MARCH:
Thank you sooo much for the checks you send us! Every little bit helps us get by. With deepest love and appreciation!”

To Whom It May Concern:
I’m not sure how you got my name in the first place – and at first I couldn’t bring myself to cash your checks – I was too proud. I always prided myself on being strong, independent and self-reliant but at a certain point, I really had no other choice but to accept your generous help. Your Chizuk newsletter brings tears to my eyes each and every time. It helps make things a little easier to swallow and to see that people really do understand the difficulties. It really is inspiring to read. Thank you so much for all your help.”

Dear MARCH:
THANK YOU! You people have got no idea to what extend your organization has influenced my life. From the monthly allocations to the gift boxes and newsletters filled with love and devotion, you‘ve really contributed to the happiness in our home. Your newsletter (especially the first page) has never failed to leave me with some piece of new insight, hope, and the hang-in-there — Hashem-has-got-some-good-messengers-for-you-feeling. The Yom Tov packages - I wish you’d see my children’s glowing faces every time we receive these white gift boxes. They come running into the home telling me that “this company that always sends us presents has yet once again done so.” They then sit down on the floor and start sorting these treasures feeling like the luckiest kids on earth. During these moments, I schep nachas, not only from my children, but also from Hashem’s children - the people at MARCH.

About this beautiful brand new couch that was delivered this past Erev Pesach to our home, all I can say is THANK YOU! I am well aware of the hard work you put it for this to happen. When I wrote to you last year that I would appreciate a couch, I did not dream of getting a brand new one. Neither did I expect it to serve as a bed as well. I was thrilled to receive this new piece of furniture. We’ve already had tremendous use out of it this past Pesach, as we had guest staying with us and there were enough beds available for everyone. Also, every Friday night we sit down on the couch and enjoy family time together. I would also like to thank you for the way this procedure was coordinated. This nice woman who called to discuss the delivery date made me feel so good. The volunteers who delivered it would not leave until everything was set up the right way. There are not very many organizations who in addition to putting in so much effort providing services are also extremely focused at leaving their recipient’s feelings and dignity intact. Once again, thank you for being there for me and for all good things you have done for my family.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home